Are you an art lover who can appreciate the finer things of art? Do you love the idea of owning some exquisite pieces of art? Then, we bet, making a trip to an art gallery is surely something you enjoy. There are a lot of art galleries in the world that you must visit, in case you haven't, if you are a true art lover. This article attempts to provide you with information on some of the must-visit galleries around the world. These art-galleries have everything to lure in any art lover from any part of the world.
1. Tate Modern: Located on the south side of the river Thames in London this gallery features some amazing artworks. Tate modern was first opened in the year 2000 and has quickly become one of the most prominent and recognizable buildings in London. This gallery is not just famous for art but also for its architecture. This is one of the most visited galleries by art lovers which showcases modern and contemporary art. The exhibitions at the gallery include modern and contemporary artworks by famous artists like Pablo Picasso, Edvard Munch and so on. Tate Modern is a definite stop if you love art like anything else.
2. Art Gallery of Alberta: If you call yourself a true art lover then you definitely can't miss out on visiting this art gallery in Edmonton, Alberta. What makes this gallery so special is the design because the structure of the building itself is a work of art. The beautiful exterior of this Art Gallery is adorned with swirls of zinc glass and steel. The gallery features exhibits that are made in Alberta, Canada and various parts of the world. Art lovers who come to visit Alberta can also relax at the restaurant in the building.
3. The National Gallery in Prague: The most important gallery in the Czech Republic is the national gallery state-owned gallery in Prague. The exhibits of this gallery include art from the medieval times to the 21st century. The exhibits are not displayed in the national gallery alone but at 8 different locations within the city. The collections of the art gallery include Czech art as well as international art. Artworks of Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet, and other famous artists are displayed in this gallery.
4. The Uffizi Gallery: Florence, Italy, is home to this prominent gallery and occupies two floors in the largest building designed by Giorgio Vasari between 1560 and 1580. This gallery houses some amazing paintings made during the 14th century and also during the Renaissance period. The gallery contains masterpieces of legendary artists like Michelangelo, Botticelli, Leonardo, Caravaggio, Raffaello and many more. The corridors of this gallery are adorned with ancient statues from the Medici family. Some of the major attractions of the gallery include The Birth of Venus and Primavera by Sandro Botticelli.
5. Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna: Also known as the National Gallery of Modern Art, Rome was built in 1883 to showcase Italy's contemporary works of art. More than 5000 paintings and sculptures are on exhibition it this gallery, some of which dates back to the neoclassical period. Abstract paintings of the 60s are also among the exhibited items along with the paintings of world-renowned artists. The gallery is divided into two sections, the ground floor features nineteenth-century works by artists like Paul Cezanne, Claude Monet, and Vincent van Gogh; the first floor is dedicated to the twentieth century which displays cubist, futurist and abstract art movements.
6. Scottish National Gallery, Edinburgh: If you are someone who appreciates artworks from the Renaissance period and the art of nineteenth-century, then do stop at the Scottish National Gallery to enjoy its amazing collection of such artworks. When you visit this gallery you get to find masterpieces of Vermeer, Raphael, Monet, Van Gogh, and Velázquez. There is no better place other than this to enjoy Scottish painting.
7. Cuadro Fine Art Gallery: This art gallery in Dubai offers an exclusive platform for contemporary artists to showcase their work. What makes this art gallery different from other art galleries is that apart from exhibitions, various artistic programs take place here such as art consultation for insightful collectors, education programs, etc. One can enjoy and appreciate different styles and approaches to art and participate in lectures and workshops based on the exhibits here.
8. National Gallery of Art, Washington: This gallery houses an impressive number of paintings along with drawings, photographs, sculptures. The temporary exhibitions in this gallery include the paintings of Renaissance artists to modern day artists. The two sky-lit tower galleries in the east building and the rooftop terrace features over 500 works of art including those of Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder, Jasper Johns, and Barbara Kruger. When you visit this place make sure to explore the amazing view of the sculpture garden this gallery has to offer.
So, which one are you going to visit this year? Why stop at one place when you have an extensive option of galleries to visit? Perhaps it might be a good idea to go on a tour and explore all of these. Inspire and pamper the art lover in you by visiting all these spectacular art galleries around the world.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)